We, like a lot of people use Slack on a regular basis and think it’s a great tool cause its really easy to use and does what it sets out to do really well. We, also like a lot of other like to get status updates on where each of our approval requests is at, whether they are Overdue or Approved etc.
Approval request notifications
This post is about providing an alternative to getting these via email (which is core Approval Donkey functionality) and getting all your status updates posted to your own Slack channel via Zapier. Fortunately, we already have a Zap Template set-up to make it ridiculously easy to get going.
You will need an Approval Donkey account (of course) a Slack account (of course) and a Zapier account to provide the integration in the middle. If you don’t have a Zapier account just go here and sign up for free https://zapier.com/sign-up/
Once you have all these items just follow these simple steps:
1. Firstly, sign into your Approval Donkey account and go to your ‘Settings’ page (just click the gear icon top left)
2. Navigate to the ‘Integrations section click ‘Enable’ beside the Automate by Zapier and then select ‘Make a Zap with Approval Donkey templates’
3. You will be presented with a number of Zap templates, find the one like below and select ‘Use this Zap’
4. Complete the necessary Integration steps as required and you will eventually end up at the Zapier integration builder screen like below
5. Zapier have made it really easy to step through the requirements to set-up the Zap and connect your accounts
6. Once completed you will see a screen like below indicating everything is up and running OK
7. Finally, if you want to stop receiving status updates via Email just un-tick and save any in the email notifications section of your settings page.
Finally if you need any help with this or any other integrations involving Zapier and Approval Donkey feel free to get in touch by sending us an email to email@example.com
Regards, The AD Team